Friday, April 27, 2007

Putting aside one for the other...

I've been putting all my focus on one thing lately which has resulted in neglecting my knitting .

Any & all chances I have I'm here...


caressing, banging, sliding, crashing & escalating...

to master this piece in order to accompany Breana. Our Violin Concert is around the corner, will I make it? For a breather, I practice the other recital pieces I'll be accompanying. I dive into the crescendos, I float with the sweet melody, I crash during a mistake and I gush when my heart strings sing w/ the notes.

I slip into my 'happy place'. I get sucked into the song, the conversation, the idle chit-chat, the dance, the angst and the release. I let the notes linger in the air and float up to the heavens. My ears ache when the notes crash to the ground with a boom and I'm left empty. To refill I work on those measures over & over & over again in order to gain satisfaction.

I enjoy spending time with my Hardman, my beloved piano that I favored when I was younger. And that's where I will spend the rest of my morning!

4 comments:

mudderhouz said...

I love your passion and the poetry that flows and inpsires it.

Cornflower said...

Good luck! I hope it goes well, but it's wonderful that you are getting such obvious enjoyment from it!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I just discovered your blog. Your photos look like a magazines!

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed reading your poetry - it took me away from all of the life goings on for just a moment. Thank you for sharing.