Saturday, November 10, 2007

Good Read





Never mind that Chuck Feeney is a dear friend of my in-laws dating back from Cornell. Never mind that we have been recipients of his generosity. This is a wonderful book. I spent one day laying around reading this book. Oh, I cleared the kitchen from the morning chaos first, of course. But for the entire day I laid around, in my pjs, absorbed in this book. I didn't intend to - just a chapter here & there. I couldn't help myself. It's well-written, interesting from a business angle and from a humanity level and inspiring. No matter how deep/shallow your pockets are, give without expectations of accolades but give and be fulfilled by the fullness of your heart. We can all lead by example and give our time, money, and other resources to the things that really matter.

"I had one idea that never changed in my mind -- that you should use your wealth to help people," Feeney said.

"Chuck Feeney is what Donald Trump would be if he led his entire existence backwards," Jim Dwyer (NY Daily News)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well heck, I must read it!!! ;)

Erin said...

Sounds neat. I'll have to check it out!

mudderhouz said...

If and when I have time to read, definitely...

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

I need to find a minute to really read you pretty blog..(book recommendations are very prized commodity here at Chez Betty)..

But your comment really made me laugh!
Well, actually it made me think.
"dear Lord...did I wash my hair yesterday? Did I have on mascara?"

and then it made me laugh.

Please please come and introduce yourself Friday!

;)

Cornflower said...

This book sounds great - I love the idea of generous, anonymous giving.