Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Finally a completed project!

Last year Kaitlin & her friend, Aria, starting sketching clothing designs so I took them to Hart's fabrics to expand their creative juices by looking at all the different types of fabrics, colors and prints. Seeing bolts of fabric is like viewing shelves of yarn for me - although I don't need any new pieces at home I'm salivating! Gotta have it! I have a thing for MunkiMunki/Lightning Bugs (orange upper-right) having a dear friend be Heather's sister, my girls were spoiled with the whimsical line of children's clothing.I also am a hoarder/collector (?) of dresses I adored on my daughters that are too precious to pass on because they are connected to so many memories, so I have let them stack up. Some I've cut into squares for a quilt (some day), some I'll leave as is to pass onto my Granddaughters and some I am hoping to find uses for them. I dream of how I can reuse the sweet material but putting the scissors to fabric is a hard thing for me.
Then one day Breana inspired me: I pushed aside my books, my ever-pending knitting, even a load of laundry and got to work.

Uh huh...

Yes I did! :D

Now remember both of my sewing machines are in need of attention so Breana & I have been working with a simple needle & thread. I was fortunate to be given all of Grandma Felisa's sewing baskets & sewing machine after she passed away. My Grandmother (both actually) was a gifted seamstress. She tried to sit tomboy me down to learn stitching. Unfortunately I didn't have the ability to see myself 30 years down the road so I grumbled my way through our sewing lessons and bolted out the door once they were through. Yes, I completely denied myself of learning the tricks of the trade from the Master Herself.

With Grandma's needles and the little knowledge that was bestowed on me, this is what I did...

1 comment:

mudderhouz said...

Love the materials and how they all go together.